If you are looking to sell or let your property, take action now! As Autumn is a great time to secure an offer.
October and November are typically fruitful months to either secure a sale or let on your property. People have generally got their holidays out the way, the kids are back to school and life returns to a degree of normality after the Summer fun. This presents a window of opportunity before folks mindsets switch to thinking about Christmas, hence this is why it’s a great time to get prepared and put your property on the market.
Here are some tips to help get you prepared and secure that offer:
- Ensure you have a realistic asking price.
- Keep the property clean and tidy. If your budget can stretch it may even be worth considering a cleaner for a couple of hours a week in the lead up to your sale.
- Repair anything that is visibly broken, also touch up scuff marks or wipe down paintwork.
- Keep gardens tidy. Remove weeds, keep the grass trimmed and ensure shrubs and bushes don’t become too overgrown. Your garden could be the first impression, so make it count.
- As temperatures cool in the autumn make sure you warm the property through prior to any viewings, even for an hour.
- On brighter days, open windows to bring fresh air in.
- Ensure that your property smells clean and fresh.
- Remove pets when conducting viewings (if possible), such as dogs and cats or place them somewhere secure so that they don’t distract your potential buyers.
- If you do receive an offer, get back to your agent as quickly as possible with an answer, so that while buyers or tenants are still interested negotiations can continue.
- Instruct a good and proactive solicitor.
- React in a timely fashion to any requests for additional information.
- Have all the required documents such as, insurance papers, guarantees, deeds (if you can), a copy of your lease, service charge payments or invoices, planning permission, etc. available and ready for early access.
- Ensure that all the curtains and blinds are open during the day to bring in the light.
- For evening viewings put lights on in every room and light the front path and rear garden.
- Remember, first impressions do count.
If you are looking to sell or let your property, get in touch today to see how we can help.